Pages

Friday 2 July 2010

Excitment all round!

Hello and Happy Friday!


What’s really good?! I hope this blog post finds you well, enjoying the sunshine and looking forward to a weekend of doing whatever brings you joy.

I’m buzzing right now… no, not via narcotics, substances or anything illegal LOL I’m buzzing because Rum Punch was A-MAAAA-ZIIIINGGG last night! For those of you who don’t know, I’m one half of partnership, Partnas in Rhyme and we host a monthly event called Rum Punch. It’s an acoustic night of raw, organic talent in the form of Poetry, Song, Rap and Comedy and yesterday was our 2nd year anniversary (time flies huh?!) The vibes were tight, the line up was CRAAAAZY and the show was a kaleidoscope of edutainment and creativity. We had some serious heavyweight artists grace the space; David J, OneNess, Tshaka Campbell, Mesinjah, Jedi, Kat Francois, T. Forté, Tara Brown and Lady Rhymes, plus the fabulous Open Mic’ers; G.R.E.E.D.S., Kemi Taiwo, The Reverend and Sloetry. If you’re familiar with Poetry/Spoken Word, in London (and the UK in general), then those names will mean something to you. If you’re not, I suggest you look them all up and feed your soul. Trust me when I tell you that you’ll be more than satisfied and glad that you did.


Okay, so the other reason that I’m buzzing…. and this is really, really exciting… is that I’ve been invited, “As an inspirational figure in the world of Poetry” and VIP guest, to be part of the ‘Black 100 Plus Exhibition of Black Achievers in Britain’! How exciting is that huh?! I was so stunned! I still can’t quite believe it, but I feel honoured and proud to have been nominated (by whom, I have no idea) and will attend the Photoshoot and Buffet with my Mum on Saturday, to have my portrait photograph taken (and network like mad, of course! LOL).


Created by Lorna Stewart, The Black 100+ Exhibition was officially opened in 2007 by His Excellency The Rt. Hon. Burchelle Whiteman OJ, High Commissioner of Jamaica along with Actor and Playwright Kwame Kwei-Armah and Councillor Mackie Sheik Deputy Mayor of Southwark. Participants included a range of VIPs, celebrities, well known personalities and members of the general public such as; Lenny Henry, Baroness Lola Young, Rudolph Walker, and many others.


For more information, check out the Black 100 Plus Exhibition here, and read about the talented and inspirational figures who have been included in the project thus far and what it aims to achieve going forward.


Other than that, I’ll be partying at GORGEOUS on Saturday (more info/tickets here) and checking out my Partna in Rhyme, Saran Green’s performance at ‘Soul Food’ on Sunday (details here).

So, on that note, I’m gone people! Have a fabulous weekend, and remember, SAYiT. BEiT. DOiT. ONiT! cos if you can dream it, you can achieve it.


One love,


Comfy


1 comment: